Monday, October 20, 2008

Why People Should Get Outside More.


People should get outside a lot more than they do. Why? There are a lot of reasons. I can't name all of them, but I will name a few. Here are three reasons: One, there is a lot you can play and do outside. Two, you can get exercise. And three, you can explore the creation that God made for us!

When you are outside there is so much you can do, and sitting around focusing your eyes on a T.V. is not always useful to your brain and your world view (as my dad would say). When you are outside your imagination can come alive in many different ways; such as, building extremely large battle forts where you can fight against the thieves that kidnapped the princess. You can ride bikes, scooters, wagons, and run around your neighborhood. You can also go on safaris in your clump of trees in the middle of your lawn or in your woods that are in your backyard.


Earlier I said you can get exercise by going outside. Well it's so true! You can do so much to get your blood pumping to stay healthy and strong. Maybe it's jumping on your tramp or running through the woods. Whatever it is, you can breath in the fresh air and work your body all at once!


God made a beautiful world for us to enjoy, so I think that we should use it much more often. When I go outside, I notice the leaves changing colors and the chipmucks gathering their nuts. In the summer, I listen to the birds as they chirp their joyful songs and do my favorite thing, swim. Even though winter is cold, you can watch the snowflakes fall like confetti at a party. In my favorite season, spring, you can watch the new flowers grow and the new year bloom!


So those are the three reasons why I think that people should get off their feet and go outside more often.



























No comments: